Improve Your Cardio
If you are looking to trim down and tone up for the summer, you really need to be incorporating some cardiovascular exercise into your routines.
Why Is Cardio Important?
Cardiovascular workouts get your heart rate working, the blood pumping, and the pounds melting away. It is one of the most important components of a well-rounded exercise regimen.
What Can Cardio Do for Me?
A great cardio workout can help you shed pounds and target problem areas, not to mention how important it is for heart and overall health. Getting breathless four or maybe five times per week can have significant benefits in many areas.
How Much Cardio Should I Be Doing?
It is recommended that you get at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise per day or more. You can, however, combine that amount into specific days’ workouts. For example, you can do one hour of cardio every other day.
I Don’t Have Time to Go to a Gym; Can I Get Enough Cardio in My Own Home?
Absolutely; there are tons of cardio workouts that you can do from home. Most require little to no equipment, and you can also get home workout machines to help you.
Home Cardio Exercises
* Jump Rope – You can purchase a jump rope very inexpensively at most sporting or department stores. This simple piece of equipment is one of the very best cardiovascular workouts and can actually be a lot of fun. You remember how to do it from when you were a kid, and you will be surprised how much it gets your heart rate up. Just remember to leave plenty of space around!
* Trampoline – Whether you go outside and use your kids’ giant trampoline, or purchase a small single use trampoline for your home, simply bouncing around on one of these is a great cardio workout. You can do it while you are watching television or listening to music, and it is fun to work in lots of arm and hip movements as well. Be careful of the overhead light!
* Walking/Jogging – Using a treadmill, your staircase, or getting outside for a walk or jog is perhaps the easiest way for anyone to get some great cardiovascular exercise. A brisk walk around your neighborhood can do wonders for your overall health and fitness level. No wonder dog owners are usually so fit.
* Aerobic Exercises – These days, you can download, purchase, or watch exercise videos of all types just about anywhere. Aerobics, Jazzercise, Zumba and more are all excellent cardio workouts that you can do in the comfort of your own home.
* Home Machinery – If you have the room and budget for it, you can purchase gym equipment for your own home. Machines like treadmills and elliptical machines are excellent for getting regular cardiovascular exercise.
Cardio workouts are more than just great workouts for weight loss and shedding pounds for bathing suit season. Getting enough cardio is important for your overall health and is one of the most important parts of a heart-healthy lifestyle.
You can improve your cardio by working these simple exercises into your daily life, or increasing your cardio workouts to something a little more intensive if your heart rate isn’t quite high enough. On top of it all, cardio workouts are guaranteed to make you feel great as well as look great.